CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thank you for stopping by to view my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy sharing my favorite thing to do.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Dipping and Gifting (Day 9)

YUM!!!

I love turtles, no, not the cute little reptiles but the ones that have a delicious combination of caramel, pecans and chocolate. So I made me some. Last year I was at the Savannah River Walk in Georgia. I went into the very large candy store there. The turtles were beautiful. The pecans and caramel exposed with a dollop of chocolate on top. They were sold by weight and very expensive. Needless to say I am worth every penny I paid to have such a wonderful tasty experience eating one of those turtle candies. So, I tried my best to make mine look like theirs. Close second, but just as tasty. Once again I used the microwavable caramel recipe. http://www.countryhome.com/recipes/seasonalholiday/giftsfromkitchen_3.html



Pecans and caramel in waiting

Getting closer to the final project

Drizsled in delicious chocolate




You will need:

One recipe of the microwavable caramel

 1 large bag of pecans

Chocolate (Ghirardelli dipping chocolate)

Parchment paper



Spread the pecans in a large cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Drop teaspoons of the cooked caramel on to the pecans. After the caramel has cooled removed the caramel with however many pecans are attached to the caramel. Place on another piece of parchment paper. Melt chocolate according to directions. Put the chocolate on top of the caramel. Let the chocolate set. Give as a great gift or enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment