CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thank you for stopping by to view my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy sharing my favorite thing to do.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dipping and Gifting (Day 4)

Marshmallows, a household standard for making rice krispie treats and smores. A versatile piece of fluff it is. Today we are making marshmallow snowmen.  Easy and fun for the kids.  Again simply melt the chocolate and dunk the marshmallows. The marshmallow snowmen has been a favorite at my company's Christmas party for years. We place three marshmallow on a candy stick, submerge the the skewered marshmallows into the white chocolate which is in a deep container that will allow for complete coverage.  The marshmallows are allowed to dry. After the snowmen are dry they are ready for decorating. The kids had a ball and we had to ward off the adults so the kids can decorate. The marshmallow snowmen will look great as an addition to a gift basket and your friends and family will love the little guys.




Aren't the snowmen cute in this basket. Guaranteed to be a hit. 



Again, very few items needed. Just time and a little patience.


Make sure that the white chocolate is placed in a deep container.


The deep container makes it easy to cover all of the marshmallows completely.
I use a simple water glass.


 Hm mm Yum!!!


They are not perfect looking, but still cute. Decorate with whatever you have on hand.
I used candy coated chocolates for buttons and a peppermint patty for a hat.
I dipped the end of the candy stick into dark chocolate and dotted the chocolate on the
snowman to create a face. I am sure there are more creative ways to do it. Have some fun!

3 comments:

StampLikeCrazy said...

Lorraine I love these.

I think they look fabulous in person. I am so glad you are posting again to your blog and keeping yourself busy. I would love to see your christmas ornament work as well and I know many would enjoy looking at them as I did.

Every year I have the intentions of doing chocolate coated something or other with the girls but usually by the time I want to get to it someone has started eating the items to be dipped. Last year I bought the peanut butter filled combos and I was going to dip those in chocolate and give them away as gifts. By the time I got to it the bag was about gone and I found out later that Al had eaten them. He thought they were a snack. LOL.

I look forward to seeing your next dipped chocolate item.

Nubian Crafter said...

Lorraine, this idea is so cute and the snowmen look yummy!! TFS

Lorraine said...

I am glad you like the snowmen. Great project for children and they taste good too.

Post a Comment