CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Thank you for stopping by to view my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy sharing my favorite thing to do.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dipping and Gifting (Day 10)

Caramel corn is the quintessential Christmas basket item. I make it every year for the family and for gifts. I found Paula Deen’s recipe for caramel corn and I have been hooked since then. Later I came upon a recipe from the ladies at Our Best Bites Blog that added cinnamon or should I say “sinnamon”. So I combined the two recipes. Oh my goodness how many ways can I say delicious. I added one teaspoon of cinnamon and one teaspoon of vanilla to Paula Deen's recipe. I added the chopped pecans just before the baking process. Then drizzle the  cooled popcorn with white chocolate. I have named it:


Sin-a mon Nut Caramel Popcorn

 Packaged and ready for gifts


Out of  the oven for a quick stir


Cooling on the counter.

Drizzled with white chocolate

Paula Deens Grandma Paul Caramel corn


• 1 cup butter

• 2 cups packed brown sugar

• 1 teaspoon salt

• 1/2 cup light corn syrup

• 1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.

Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Stir well. Pour over 8 quarts popped corn. Stir to coat well. Bake in large roaster or pan for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to dry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment